New to Babyshop: My Little Cozmo
We welcome conscious kids brand My Little Cozmo to the world of Babyshop.
HEY MY LITTLE COZMO! HOW ARE YOU?
– We are doing well; despite the incredibly challenging period we have all gone through and many are still going through. We try to stay as positive as we can and look ahead. We are obviously tired of corona, as everyone else, but also believe we may all have learned what is important in life and how we should enjoy the little things in life and more than ever try to live in the present, as everything can be turned upside down from one day to another.
THREE WORDS TO DESCRIBE MY LITTLE COZMO?
– Conscious, Fresh and Locally produced.
TELL US ABOUT YOUR BRAND.
– Our designer Nuria started the brand in 2014. After many years of experience working in the textile industry, seeing some of its harsher realities, in combination with being a mother and her love for kids she realized how difficult it was to find fresh, conscious, and ethically responsible children's clothing so she started the brand to offer something different.
Nowadays, there is more and more talk about sustainability, ethics, and local production, but at that time there were not many brands working with these as basic pillars and, at the same time, offering fresh and differential designs.
Over the years, My Little Cozmo grew and in 2019 more women joined forces. Today, My Little Cozmo is a universe of 12 women of different ages with the idea of making the world a more ‘conscious’ place. We think of it as a more responsible and conscious lifestyle. We not only design our clothes in our Barcelona atelier, but we also make part of the production in-house and the rest is all made in local suppliers next door so 100% is made locally in Barcelona.
WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
– We are all mothers at My Little Cozmo, so we guess that some of the love comes naturally. What inspires our designer Nuria and the whole team are children and their fantastic universe. We can learn so much from them, from their creativity, to how they enjoy the little things and how they believe that anything can happen and that everything is possible.
TELL US MORE ABOUT YOUR COLLECTION “LOOK AT THE CLOUDS”.
– It’s all about celebrating the little things in life, our AW story ‘look at the clouds’ as the name suggests is all about having fun and rediscover the hidden magic in nature. Enjoy and realize what family, friends and nature can offer us if we just open our eyes and take in what is happening in the present.
DO YOU HAVE A BUSINESS PHILOSOPHY?
– We have a promise: to offer conscious kids’ fashion that feels right for our little ones and for the cozmo around us. We want to make clothes that care for both women and planet through the whole process, from design and manufacturing to wear and afterwards to recycling.
We know there is a long way to go before the kid’s fashion industry is conscious and sustainable, and at My Little Cozmo, we yet have to achieve our objectives too. But we are determined to take on the challenges and are convinced that things can change. We believe that the kid’s fashion future is brighter and more responsible.
HOW DO YOU THINK SUSTAINABILITY AND WHAT DO YOU DO TO IMPROVE IT.
– We believe that sustainability is in everything we do, and that it’s the human, social, economic, and environmental impacts that we generate. At My Little Cozmo our aim is for everything we do, to be done consciously and responsibly while reducing our ecological footprint.
From design to manufacturing our process is both conscious and local. We are proud to say that My Little Cozmo is exclusively made in Barcelona. All our garments are designed and crafted locally. This allows us to create jobs for local workers, keep manufacturing plants, control labor standards, and have a better level of quality control. Local production further helps us to reduce our ecological footprint and minimize the waste disposal.
All our collections include eco-friendly and organic fabrics, and our share of sustainability-labelled clothes is increasing constantly. We always try to select materials that have a lower impact on both nature and human health. Many of our fabrics are organic, recycled, upcycled and natural and we also work with certified suppliers in GOTS, GRS, BCI and OEKOTEX.
We also know that there is a long way to go and at My Little Cozmo, we yet have to achieve our objectives too, but we are determined to take on the challenges and are convinced that things can improve.
CAN YOU TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT THE CREATIVE PROCESS?
– Our designer Nuria reaches out for inspiration everywhere but mainly from the adult fashion shows and street trends. Our whole team also sits down to discuss what other trends we see in general in society and that inspires us. Fabrics and textures are also carefully analyzed to see how we can improve the materials we use and how it complies with our sustainability objectives.
WHAT COMES NEXT FOR YOU?
– Continue working on creating a kid’s fashion future that is brighter and more responsible, in all aspects. Our ambition is also to continue developing our ‘women supporting women’ projects that are very close to our heart since My Little Cozmo team is all made up of women. You will see some interesting collaborations that we have worked on for future collections.